- This event has passed.
Positive Behaviour Support – (Launceston)
July 2 @ 9:30 am - July 30 @ 9:30 am$220
Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is an established evidence based practice for supporting people on the autism spectrum in all stages of life. It is an individualised and comprehensive approach that can be used for understanding and addressing challenging behaviours.
This two-part workshop teaches the process of PBS and guides participants through the development of a positive behaviour support plan for a current behaviour of concern.
This training is designed for participants with a sound understanding of the key characteristics of autism.
Part 1 on 2nd July 2018 will cover:
- Best practice guidelines for PBS
- Identifying a behaviour suitable for a Behaviour Plan
- Describing the behaviour and building a team
- Understanding the behaviour and data collection
Part 2 on 30 July 2018 will cover:
- Analysing data: functional behaviour assessment
- Planning for change
- Evidence based strategies to support development of replacement behaviours and longer term behavioural goals
- Implementing, communicating and evaluating the Behaviour Plan
- Planning for continued use of PBS within your organisation