NDIS Support Coordination
Improving Support Coordination for NDIS Participants
30 November 2021
On 30 November the NDIA published a paper outlining the outcomes from reviewing the current support coordination model. Greater clarity on the role of support coordinators will drive more consistent, quality outcomes for this service.
The feedback agreed that the 4 key roles of a support coordinator are:
- Help participants connect to NDIS and other supports
- Build a participant’s capacity and capability to understand their plan, navigate the NDIS and make their own decisions
- Broker supports and services in line with participant wishes and their own plan budget
- Monitor plan budgets and support effectiveness.
As with all NDIS providers and workers, the safety and wellbeing of participants should underpin everything that a support coordinator does.
Talk to us about your support coordination needs
At Autism Tasmania our NDIS Support Coordination team are specialists in Autism and deliver statewide services. Team members are based in our Hobart, Launceston and Burnie offices.
There are many options for getting to know you and your needs regardless of where you live in Tasmania. Virtual support coordination is a great option if you aren’t local to one of our offices if that suits your needs.
Together the team has expert up-to-the-minute knowledge about the NDIS, and importantly the service providers that are skilled in delivering autism-specific needs.
We know that YOU are the expert about YOU and what your needs are. We take a person-centred approach to support coordination. That means we listen to you to find out:
- Who you are
- What you need
- How we can support you to get what you need to achieve your NDIS plan goals
You are in control. We can help you understand your support choices and work WITH you to get the supports you need to achieve your goals.
Watch to find out more about support coordination:
NDIS Starter Pack
We’ve put together this resource pack created by the NDIS to help answer your questions about the NDIS, help develop your first plan and support you throughout the process.
1. Booklet 1 – Understanding the NDIS
- Learning about the NDIS
- Deciding whether to apply for the NDIS
- Accessing the NDIS
2. Booklet 2 – Planning
- Understanding your current supports
- Creating an NDIS plan to achieve your goals
- Receiving an approved NDIs plan
3. Booklet 3 – Using your NDIS Plan
- Understanding what’s in your plan
- Learning how to use your plan
- Choosing and managing supports and services
4. Factsheet – Developing your first NDIS plan
- How to get your first plan
- What to do if you already receive supports
- ‘Reasonable and necessary’ supports
Need to know more about the NDIS?
For more information about support coordination please refer to the NDIS Website
Back to Our Services