Autism Tasmania’s experienced training team is passionate about optimising the wellbeing of Tasmanians on the autism spectrum.
Our engaging workshops will increase the level of understanding amongst your staff and boost their confidence in interacting effectively with autistic people.
We believe that nothing about the Tasmanian autism community should take place without consultation and, ideally, direct participation of autistic Tasmanians. Facilitated discussions with autistic adults are a component of most training sessions.
Workshops customised to your needs
You may like to consider one of the popular training options below, or Autism Tasmania can tailor a training program to meet the individual needs of your organisation.
- Understanding Autism: an awareness session which aims to broaden participants’ knowledge of autism.
- Autism Refresher & Extension: a two hour session for participants who have previously attended Autism Tasmania’s Understanding Autism workshop.
- Autism Training for Disability Support Organisations: a course of 7 workshops, each of 3 hours duration. Topics include Understanding Autism, Visual Support Strategies, Sensory Processing, Positive Behaviour Support, Transitions and Routines, Social interactions and Friendships.
- Autism and Positive Behaviour Support: a two-day course which explores the neurological and observable characteristics of autism, examines the principles of behaviour and guides participants through the development of a Positive Behaviour Support Plan.
- Autism Training for National Disability Insurance Scheme staff: a two-day course designed specifically for NDIS Local Area Coordinators, Early Childhood Early Intervention Coordinators, and Community Connectors.
- Autism Training for Educators: a series of five workshops, each of two hours duration, focusing on students on the autism spectrum in education and child care settings. Topics include Understanding Autism, Sensory Processing, Positive Behaviour Support, Transitions and Routines, Social Interactions and Friendships.
All workshops combine information based on current research evidence with thought-provoking activities and the personal insights of autistic people.
Testimonials from previous workshop participants
“A wonderful learning day, I found it so great and useful. So many grey areas are now in colour!”
“Brilliant day, I learned so much. I’d definitely be keen to attend further training by Autism Tas.”
“This training is so valuable to anyone who has any contact with people with autism.”
Arrange a consultation
To discuss how we can fulfill your training needs, please contact our Training Manager: